Knit

Dahlia Cardigan

April 7, 2016

I started my Dahlia Cardigan in the middle of my escrow. I was tired of putting things off, waiting for that magical date (that we didn’t know. . . until that day). So I started my cardigan. I’m glad I got through the hard middle section. Just starting this was not very easy for me (holding a few stitches each on four needles). But I did it, and actually took a picture of that part!

20160306_204501

Once I finished that, I started on the sides. I decided to add some stitches to the bottom to make it longer, and I’ll increase the length of the sleeves as well. And of course, escrow closed, the project got boxed (well, bagged and put in a “special” place so I wouldn’t lose it), and it was some place in limbo for a couple of weeks.

Last week I was able to start organizing my art room, and I found my knitting! And I have to say not only am I glad I had finished the center part, I’m glad I made very good notes to myself on where I stopped and how I altered the pattern. So now I’ve started the right side of the back. Picked up stitches as required, and put in a waste yarn for the sleeve. I don’t have a picture of that yet, but mostly because it’s just knit a row/purl a row (with a bit of change on the collar and edges). But it’s nice to sit and knit again – and to sit in my art room. . . while having a glass of wine. . . That’s been wonderful!

You Might Also Like

No Comments

Leave a Reply