In my last post I updated everyone on my Odora shawl KAL progress. Now that I’m done, I thought I would post one final update.
First, I would like to say that while I’m a normally shy person, I tried stepping out of my comfort zone and tried to post at least once a week on the KAL site. I even tried to comment on other people’s progress because I know it feels good to have people not only see your post/project, but give you some feedback. And in turn, I did receive some nice comments on mine. And, probably because I finished on time, Berroco even asked if they could link my project page to their pattern. For whatever reason, I’m thrilled!!
I ended up finishing with two hours to spare before the deadline. But boy did I knit up a storm those last few days. I posted a picture to the site of the finished shawl. Then the next evening I carefully weaved in the loose yarn additions, soaked it in my Eucalan Lavender Fine Fabric Wash (that I purchased from Amazon), and laid it out over several towels to block. As suggested from others in the KAL, I didn’t need to pin this one. But the blocking really helped to even out the stitches and open up the pattern. Now I just need to wait for the weather to drop at least a little here so I can wear it out and about!