I have finished a few projects in the last couple of weeks.
First, I finished the headband that I was making for my older daughter. This is from the same Knitty.com pattern that I used to make my headband a couple of months ago.
I’m fairly pleased with how it turned out and I think she’s happy as well.
I then worked on a chemo hat for a friend of my Mom’s.
This only used one skein, and she bought two for me to use. I plan to make another hat for her friend next month as well. I didn’t use a set pattern for this hat. I looked around, and couldn’t find anything that I thought would work. So I found a couple that had the same number of cast-on stitches for the size 11 needles I was using, and I cast that amount on. I then did a knit 2, purl 2 rib for about 4,” then switched to a stocking stitch. After it seemed tall enough I started decreasing every 5 or 6 rows (I don’t remember now, I was just kind of winging it). I thought it turned out pretty good. I think I wrote down some notes on it on a small piece of paper by my bed. I hope I find that before I try to make the next one, otherwise I’ll just wing it again and maybe take better notes the second time around! I used to keep all of my patterns and notes in a notebook, but I’ve gotten a bit lazy the last couple of years. Maybe that would be a good weekend project, to organize my recent patterns in the old notebook. I think it goes back over 10 years!
My next project was a set of baby blankets for my daughter’s boss (who is having twins). She bought the yarn (then I bought a couple more to make them large enough). I did a simple shell crochet pattern and then edged it with the fluffy yarn she bought just using double crochets around. I’m pretty happy with how they turned out.
I’m now working on a poncho for my Granddaughter’s second birthday next month (I’m almost done, but waiting for some more yarn that I had to mail order!), and a scarf for myself that matches the purple hat I made. I’ll be posting that along with my instructions as soon as it’s done. It’s another one I looked for patterns for, then just winged it doing something I thought would match. After I finish those, I have enough yarn to do at least two more presents. Since I plan to do a bit more than that, I will be yarn shopping next month!
Oh, and here is a picture of my Halloween manicure. I used a design from a book my daughter gave me for Mother’s Day this year!