Knit

Progress on the Dahlia Cardigan

May 4, 2016

I’ve made some progress on my Dahlia cardigan. . .just not as much as I had hoped! But still, not only have I finished the middle lace section, but I finished the right back and side, and am half way through the left back and side. After that, I’ll see how much yarn I have left to know if I can add length to the arms like I had hoped. As much as I like the yarn and so far the pattern, it’s pretty mindless doing rows of stockinette stitches, bordered by 6 stitches of the seed stitch pattern. But I can’t wait to finish this and block it. I know it’s almost summer, but my office stays cold year around, so I’ll still be able to use it as soon as I’m done.

This time I remembered to take some pictures along the way. Below is a section of the right front side. The white yarn is waste yarn that will be taken out to add in the arm.

20160421_192340

 

This one does not show the color as well as the picture above, but it shows a bit more of the lace center in the back, and how it expands now to the front section.

20160421_192259

I’ll be posting more pictures after I finish. . .which may be put off a little because I decided to join a Berroco KAL. But I’ll talk about that in a separate post!

You Might Also Like

No Comments

Leave a Reply